Thursday, February 25, 2010

LET US CELEBRATE CAROL


It is fruit bearing season. Let us celebrate Carol! We have a few ladies who gather on Saturday morning to pray who call themselves the Eagles. Awhile back a new lady joined us. After 6 weeks she gave this testimony. I have gone to church for 40 years and I thought I knew Him but after 6 weeks coming here I have learned more about Him than in all the 40 years in church. Then she began to grieve for all the wasted time she had failed to share Jesus during those years. The fact is that those 40 years were not wasted. It was simply a winter season where the roots ran deep to nourish themselves for the greatest fruit bearing season of her life. She shares Jesus by faith, example, word and deed now with everyone who wanders through her life including the animal kingdom. On the day she gave her testimony I was so moved I went home and wrote a song about her testimony. It is called Wasted moments wasted days........
For 40 years I thought I knew Him, my church had told me so.
But I was doing nothing to help His kingdom grow. Wasted moments, wasted days, lost people all around. No hope for redemption, in sin they were bound. I did not share the good news, how Jesus loved them so. Offering salvation because of Calvary's road. But now I'm learning quickly, by faith to speak His word, snatching out of the fire precious ones who never heard. No more wasted moments, no more wasted days, now I'm serving Jesus, as I fall on my knees to pray. Joy comes from giving, the good news away, loving my neighbor and hearing them say, Carol, I'm so glad Jesus used you to share His word with me. Sharing the gospel story and His love that sets me free. No more wasted moments, no more wasted days. Now I'm sharing Jesus and I'm singing His Praise...........Soooooo.....Let us celebrate Carol in her fruit bearing season and give praises to the King who gives us His best. Let us follow Carols example and have the greatest fruit bearing season in 2010... GOD BLESS< LINDA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.