Wednesday, February 10, 2010

He can use you


He can use you! Every time I think I have finished this morning He gives me another task. This is my 3rd blog of the day.Someone out there in cyber space needs to hear this and it is probably you. I spoke to you in an earlier blog of changing the atmosphere around you and that happiness was a decision you make. I want to tell you a story........Many years ago I worked for a health care facility. They had some rules I did not like but they paid the check so I mostly obeyed their rules. One of the rules was that we could not get personally involved with our clients. We were not allowed to invite them to family things or introduce our children to them or take them places after work. I had a precious elderly lady for a client. We became fast friends. She was a Christian and spent her years serving Him and the church. We talked Jesus and she would have me read the Bible to her. She came to love me and looked forward to or time together. She had an only son and they were very close. He came to see her every day. The time came when she became very ill. She was clothed in fear of dying and her son was bound with the fear she would die. He paniced and became frantic which passed on to his mother. She told them to call me. She wanted to ride to the hospital with me. They called and I agreed to go. The daughter-in-law drove because the son was too emotional. I got in the backseat with my lady. She grasped my hand with tears sliding down her weathered face and said," Linda I don't want to die." I said ok you don't have to. She looked at me in amazement and peace came over her. The tears dried up and a smile graced her ancient face. At the ER her son went in with her. Her blood pressure shot sky high and she tobbled downward then they would shoo him out and I would go in. Her blood pressure would drop to normal and she would rest peacefully. The next morning she awoke feeling good and demanding food. Her son and his wife were relieved to see improvement and relaxed and enjoyed the day. They played remember when and laughed spending a great day together. Faith had swollowed up fear! The next morning the daughter-in-law called to say the lady had a stroke during the night and went to meet Jesus. I praised God for that last day of her life lived without fear enjoying her son and giving him great memories of his Mom. I was blessed to be a part of that. I am so glad God had the wisdom not to tell me that was to be the last day of her life. If I had known I probably would have missed it up. I want to remind you that God never chooses the wise and important of this world to do His work, He always chooses little unknown shepherd boys. He uses their mouth to talk their feet to walk and their hands to work. He can use you to give the gift of life in the face of the giant of fear. Go forth shepherd boy and slay those giants!!!!God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.