Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Be careful what you pray for...


Be careful what you pray for......you just may get it........I learned this lesson many years ago. For 15 years I prayed for my parents salvation. I ran across the verse in Acts that tells us if we have the faith our whole household will be saved and I prayed that verse and claimed it to manifest for 15 years and my parents got saved. After the salvation they attended church for 3 months and never went again. They never grew in the word or bore fruit. That grieved my spirit. I got what I prayed for. God says sometimes our prayers are not answered because we pray amiss. I prayed a mess. My prayer should have been not only for their salvation, but that they hunger and thirst for His word and from that hunger grow a conviction to serve and bear fruit. My Mom is dying of cancer as we speak. She is saved and will soon be in the arms of Jesus, she chose the right door. God has given me peace about my messed up prayer. He reminded me that unto whom much is given is much required and unto whom little is given is little required. My Mom remained a babe in Christ and babies are not held accountable so although that prayer was a learning experience for me not to pray messes it has been a safe place for my Mom to dwell Praise God for His wisdom and I remind you to be careful what you pray for. Top of the Morning to you all and God bless ! Because He knows best, LINDA

1 comment:

  1. I started praying for my granddaughter's salvation before she was born and I continue to pray for her salvation. Your devotion has given me pause for thought now...I need to continue the prayer on, don't I? I need to pray that not only will she have understanding at an early age of her need for Christ, and act on that understanding, (accepting Jesus as her Savior) but I also need to pray that she will grow continually in the Lord and bear much fruit. Thank you so much for changing my perspective for the better. Susan (ps keep 'em coming)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.