Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Blessings and memories


Good morning Glory! The word comes from James 1:18...Of His own will begat He us with the word of truth that we should be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.

The word firstfruits is a scriptural term for an offering closely akin to a tithe. So, by calling us His firstfruits, God is saying we are like His tithe to the earth. We are His offering of blessing to mankind. What a word! What a thought!

I remember the first day we moved to Liberal 21 years ago. I was tired and dirty from moving and hungry. While the guys finished unloading I went to the grocery store ran by Paul and Nona Benter. Nona was the first person I met. After the first year I believed I was directed by God to run a little mini-mart. I opened it in the laundry building next to Nona's store. There were lots of times we would spend our spare moments together and we always talked Jesus. She became my intercessory prayer partner. One day a pastor from a church in town came by the store to meet and greet. During the talk he said to me, " Your business will not succeed. You are a stranger in a foreign land, the people here will not accept you or support you." His words broke my heart but came to pass. Back then I was young and dumb in the knowledge of the war between God and the enemy. I did not know that the enemy could wield his words of discouragement through a Christian. If the pastor had went on to say but God is bigger than the opinions of man so let us pray that God will open doors no man can shut and send the angels to bring them in, I would have had an opportunity to see God work.......I could have become an Abraham in a strange land blessed by God. But I was so discouraged as 3 months passed. I only earned enough from the store to restock and pay the rent and utilities, it seemed wise to shut it down, the town had won. What I did not understand then was..... I was a blessing sent to bloom where I was planted. I am an Abraham sent to bless and be blessed as you are. God's firstfruits, a tithe to bless the earth. Angels surround me and await the word of God to be sent forth. When we know who we are in Him who can withstand His goodness?

This message will appear in the blog today come visit for a fresh word of the Father. Psalms says I will bring upon you a fresh anointing..................... Because He is our Hope! Http:hishandmaiden3a.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.