Thursday, February 25, 2010

CHOOSE THIS DAY WHOM YOU WIL SERVE


Hello belov-ed prayer warriors of the most high God! I took the day off yesterday to recover from the long journey to my Mom's funeral. I want to thank you all for your prayers of traveling mercies. Many came from afar. All arrived safely and returned safely. Some of you prayed about the weather and the last hundred miles were so amazing. There was no snow except a thin powder at the cemetary. The wind was bitterly cold, the roads were clear but the trees and shrubs were covered with glittering ice reflecting the light like millions of diamonds. It was so beautiful to behold. My preacher brother from Texas delivered the ulogy. There were three rooms of people and everyone was moved by his words. It was truly inspired by the Holy One. My Mom's last request of me was to sing at her funeral and I was able to do that. Many complimented me but the best were when they said when I saw you up, there I saw your mama. A few came to grieve her passing but the majority came to celebrate her life and a celebration it was. I met friends and relatives I had not seen for 10,20,30,40 and over 50 years. One lady I had not seen since I was 6 years old. We picked up and visited as if those years were but a moment. Mom always said give me my roses while I'm living I have no need of them when I'm dead. As I listened to the stories, the memories, I realized that Mom had spent her whole life handing out roses to those she loved. Sooooo my message for today is ....Choose this day whom you will serve and hand out roses to the ones you love! God Bless, Linda!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.