Saturday, February 27, 2010

GET THAT GOAT BREAD


We have to get that goat bred,
My Mom said to Dad!
We'll take her to the country,
To visit Jenny's Billy.

With a superman cape and a flash of light'
I hurried outside.
Then in again, you don't have to worry,
Come outside and see.

What is it son?
What have you done?
I bread the goat for you,
Come outside, you will see it is true.

In surprised awe, Mom and Dad stared at him.
Dad gave a wink and said, isn't he a gem.
I jumped and chattered excitedly,
Come on, come on, you just have to see.

Outside the Nanny was tied to the fence.
An empty Wonder bread wrapper at her feet, the evidence.
I made her eat every slice,
She did not even butt me, she was very nice.

With a chuckle and a pat on the head,
Dad said well done, son, I would never have thought to feed a loaf of bread.
Smothering a chuckle, Mom said, I think we will still go to the country,
So Nanny can be with her friend Billy!



When my son was 5 he overheard his dad and I talk about getting our dairy goat bred and he decided to help us out. We have laughed at this story for years. Hope it gave you a chuckle as well. Have a a great rest of the day, God Bless, LINDA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.