Friday, August 27, 2010

SHEEP WANT TO KNOW

The most memorized Psalm is Psalms 23......the Lord is my shepherd I shall not want........so why do many Christians act as if it said .....the Lord is my shepherd I shall suffer lack and be grateful for it? He maketh me to lie down in green pastures...green pastures mean nutritious food and contentment when that food is consumed... An attitude of satisfaction...he leadeth me beside the still waters... Do you know why he leads the sheep by still waters? Sheep will not drink from running water. They have a fear of it. He restoreth my soul....have you noticed Jesus always makes the people comfortable before he teaches? If they are hungry, he feeds them, if they are in pain he heals them, if they are in sin he forgives them. He restores their soul so they are at peace to receive his life giving word. He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name sake.....he leads the sheep in the paths of his righteousness for the Bible says our righteousness is as filthy rags....yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil........did you get that beloved? He did not say through the valley of death but the valley of the shadow of death. There is an eighteen wheeler coming at you..... You step out of the way and the shadow of the truck passes over you. The truck would have killed you but the shadow does no harm......for thou art with me... Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me......when a sheep strays near the edge of a cliff the shepherd reaches out with his staff hooks the sheep and drags him back to safety... The rod he uses against enemies of the sheep..... Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies....enemies often gather round to do you harm but they only have the power you give them. If you stay in your peace they can not touch you. Thou anointest my head with oil..... The pest that can literally drive a sheep wild attach themselves to the sheep's face.. Fleas, ticks, flies, mites... The shepherd anoints the head with oil which sends the pests fleeing.....the devil has direct contact with your mind....if you are renewing your mind with the oil of the Holy Ghost the enemy has to flee....my cup runneth over....have you ever noticed God always over answers prayer...no matter what you ask for he gives you more.....surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life....I like to think of goodness and mercy being like two angels attached to my heart....just as the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are three so are goodness mercy and me.....and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever...YES AMEN....THAT IS MY HOME GOD BLESS LOVE YA LINDA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.