Friday, August 20, 2010

FOR ALL THE CAT LOVERS

FOR ALL THE CAT LOVERS OUT THERE..... HERE IS A CHAPTER FROM MY BOOK ...ENJOY


Chapter 21



Chronicles of Malcome



My intercessory prayer partner Nona and I have walked



together in faith and agreement for over twenty years. She is my



beloved sister-in-Christ.



Several years ago Nona and her husband took a trip to



California. Their son had completed his Marine Corps training



and they wanted to attend the graduation ceremony and bring him



back home with them for a small leave before heading to his next



destination. Nona had a beloved pet. A cat named Malcomb. He



was a huge lumbering long haired charcoal gray with beautiful



white markings. She asked me to care for him while she was away



for the week. Sounds simple enough, but not so my friends. I don't



do cats. I have a healthy aversion to cat hair on my person and



furniture. I love and tolerate cats if they belong to you and don't



touch me. Because I love Nona and she loves her cat, I



reluntantly agreed to care for him. Whew! The things I do in the



name of love!



Saturday, Day 1: They've gone away. How can they do that



to me? They are my people! They belong to me. First the boy



goes away and now them. I am angry, (Prowl), (Prowl), (Pace),



(Pace).



Sunday, Day 2: I miss the woman and the man. They closed



their bedroom door. I had to find a new place to sleep. I resent



that! Wait! I hear the door. They are back. I go running to greet



them and play my catch me before I escape game. I come to a



screeching hault, my hair bristling straight up. That is not my



woman and man. It is that woman who comes every Saturday



morning. She won't let me drink from her glass or sit on her Holy



Bible. How dare they send her. I will show them.



Monday, Day 3: I've been pouting all day. Here comes that



woman again. She's looking everywhere for me. She can not find



me. I will not answer her. She sounds worried. Uh-ooo she



found me on top of the grandfather clock near the ceiling. I will just



glare at her. I do not want her here. I want my family. She



sounds nice, but I am not coming down.



Tuesday, Day 4: Here she comes again. I am still high above



her on top of the clock. I will just glare at her some more. I do not



care how softly she begs me to come down. I am not doing it!



Wednesday, Day 5: There's the door. I will scare her this



time. When she leaves I will jump down and race to the door. I



do not know what she has done with my man and woman, but I will



find them. Boy, can she sqwal and jump, but she caught me. I do



not want her touching me. I twist and jerk suddenly out of her



arms. I run and hide behind my woman's chair.



Thursday, Day 6: I am getting awfully lonely. That woman is



back, but I will just stay on top of the China cabinet where I can



peek at her while she gets my dinner. She talks to me all the time,



but I just glare at her. I am not giving in. She does leave me a



lovely meal every day.



Friday, Day 7: There she is again. She is faithful. Maybe she



is not so bad. I will come down and walk around the room, but I



will not let her touch me. She is trying to be friendly, but I'm not



sure. She almost persuaded me, but I'm still not sure. I would



not let her touch me. "Poor Malcomb" she said, "The man and



woman and boy will be back soon."



Saturday, Day 8: It is prayer meeting time. Here is the



woman. She came to me and talked to me. I let her pet me. She



asked me to come down and I did. She petted me some more. She



let me rub against her legs. It feels good to have human company.



She says she is staying for a while. She is going to write something



called, "The Chronicles of Malcomb". Hey! That's me. Guess



what? She let me lay on the table while she was writing. She



talked to me and petted me. I purred for her. I tried to play with



her. I batted her arm with my fists, but she wasn't very good at it.



Not much practice I guess. She was crying while she wrote. I



think she misses the man and the woman and boy too. She told me



they would be back tomorrow. She said I get my old bed back. She



did the strangest thing. She picked me up and went to the woman's



chair. We sat and watched the rain through the window. She



petted, I purred. She is kind of ur plump, and soft and warm. We



sat and watched the rain through the window until I fell asleep on



her lap.



She said it was a good prayer meeting. It reminded her of



Jesus. No matter how cold, angry and distant someone is, He just



keeps walking by and offering His quiet love, until one day they can



believe to receive it. Thank-you, Jesus. The week she spent with



me was a lesson in love. Love never fails.



That week tending Malcomb helped me understand the very



character of the awesome love of Jesus. How His heart must break



when we reject that love. He just keeps quietly coming back,



offering it again and again. No matter how we treat Him, how we



disappoint Him, He just keeps loving us.



Under His protection

Is where I ever want to be.

Surrounded by His love

For all eternity!



God's recipe for comfort and peace is love. For God so loved



the world, He gave His only begotten son....John 3:16.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.