Tuesday, March 23, 2010

START ACTING LIKE YOUR DADDY


Several years ago I rubbed some drug dealers the wrong way and they threatened my life and I believed them. I lived in fear. I told no one because I did not want any innocent people being hurt because of me. Sounds like a righteous and good thing doesn't it? It is a lie straight from the pit of hell. The devil had used his three greatest tools on me, intimidation, isolation and manipulation. He intimidated me into a manipulated position of isolation. There I suffered depression so deep I was worthless to the kingdom. A friend invited me to a 3 day revival meeting. My last little drop of hope glimmered to life. I went the first night, there was no word for me. I went the second night, it was good word but did not set me free. The third night turned cold , rainy and miserable and I almost did not go. Then I thought what if your miracle comes tonight and you miss it? So I went. Near the end of the service the preacher pointed his finger at me and said five little words that changed my life, set me free and turned me into a giant killer. Those words were, START ACTING LIKE YOUR DADDY! As soon as he said the words, God gave me a vision of Jesus acting like me, hiding in fear in my locked bedroom because there were drug demons on the other side. The picture was so ludicrous that I started laughing in my spirit and the chains fell off me, the depression lifted and I became a mighty warrior of God. I never heard from the drug dealers again. I never saw them again. Faith swallowed fear and I was delivered. I wrote a song about that night..........

STAR ACTING LIKE YOUR DADDY

I was sitting at home, all alone, feeling sad, defeated and blue.
My world was crumbling all around and I did not know what to do.
A traveling preacher came to town, that rainy afternoon,
I slipped inside and joined the crowd, hoped I'd have my answer soon.

And he said, start acting like your Daddy, your Father in the heavens above.
Just start talking like your Daddy and temper it with love.
Just remember the authority, that Jesus gave to you.
Just speak up to your mountain, those devils got to move.

The glory shown round about, upon that preacher's face,
As he talked of giant killers, authority and grace.
The words of truth and light he spoke changed my world for me
And when I left that place that night, I knew who I should be.

I set there in amazement, as the word settled in my heart,
Illuminating my spirit, never to depart.
And when I left that meeting, excited ,happy and free,
I'd become my Father's daughter, speaking with authority.

And now I'm acting like my Daddy, my Father in the heavens above,
And I'm talking like my Daddy and temper it with love.
I remember the authority, that Jesus gave to me,
And I've spoken to my mountain with power and authority.


God Bless, LINDA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.