Monday, March 8, 2010

RING THE BELLS


In the old days when a King was born they rang the bells to announce the birth. When a King died they also rang the bells to announce their passing. In 1990 when God gave me my first songs He gave me one called RING THE BELLS. It went like this......................................








Mary and John stood weeping, on Calvary that day.
Their hope hung on a cross, His life ebbing away.

Ring the bells, He's dying, ring the bells He's dead.
Their poor hearts were broken, filled with misery and dread.
Ring the bells He's dying, ring the bells, He's dead.
In a borrowed tomb, they laid a hanky on His poor battered head.

Mary went weeping to the tomb at dawn,
The stone was rolled away and His body was gone.

Ring the bells, He's living, ring the bells He's not dead.
There's been a resurrection, so the angels have said.
Ring the bells He's living, ring the bells He's not dead,
He's conquered death so the angels have said.

Mary went grieving to the garden ne'er to be the same.
Then she heard her sweet precious Jesus softly calling her name.

Ring the bells,He's living, ring the bells He's not dead.
There's been a resurrection as the angels have said.
Ring the bells, He's living, ring the bells, He's not dead,
He's conquered death as the angels have said.

Mary go tell the others and give them rest.
I go now to the Father, that the whole world be blessed.

Ring the bells I'm living, ring the bells I'm not dead,
There's been a resurrection as the angels have said.
Ring the bells I'm living, ring the bells, I'm not dead,
I've conquered death as the angels have said.

Now there is joy in the morning and great jubilee,
Since Jesus brought salvation to you and to me.

Ring the bells, He's living, ring the bells, He's not dead.
There's been a resurrection as the angels have said.
Ring the bells, He's living, ring the bells He's not dead,
My Jesus liveth as the angels have said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.