Friday, March 5, 2010

FILLING EMPTY PLACES


In the year 2000 I became a widow, a name I never thought I would be called. It left an empty place in my heart and my life. People were good to run in and out of my life for about three weeks and then everyone went back to their own life. The emptiness....the loneliness set in. There is no one to hold you at 3 in the morning. About three months after the funeral I heard a preacher teach on believers meetings. He asked if we knew what a believers meeting was. It is a meeting attended by only believers. No non Christians are assembled there. He said that every believer should have something to share at the meeting. Every believer should have spent enough time in the prayer closet with God to receive something from Him......a song, a spiritual song, a psalm or a word of prophesy. He said if you wanted God to give you a song just get in your prayer closet start praising Him and ask Him for a song and He would give you one. With childlike faith I went home to my prayer closet and began praising God and asked Him for a song. Just that quick He gave me one. I do not have a rhyming bone in my body so I knew it was God. The song was only a chorus but it brought me such joy I sang it from 10 at night till 3 in the morning......I had great joy because God had spoken a paragraph to me......A word from the King can change everything! I never asked God for another song but as is the custom of God He always over answers prayer and it is His delight to give His children good things. In the last 10 years He has given me over 250 poems songs and stories plus a book. Has He filled my empty places?????? YES! He has filled my cup and overflowed it! Filling empty places....go to your prayer closet begin your prayer with praise and remember one word from the King can make desert places bloom. An empty place is a blessed opportunity to go where you have never gone before....God Bless, LINDA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.