Tuesday, April 27, 2010

RAINBOWS END

At rainbows end sits a pot of gold,
That's the story so I'm told.

So what if the pot of gold at rainbows end turns out to be,
A different story for you and me?

Maybe it is a nice soft bed when you are tired at night.
Or the joy of the morning sun coming through the window so bright.


Maybe the colors of the sunset over the sea,
Or quietly holding hands, my lover and me.

Touching the heart of a wounded soul,
Speaking words of peace to make him whole.

It might be the song of a bird in flight,
Or a baby laughing out loud for the first time, oh what a delight.

Maybe the breeze in the trees on a summer's day.
The fragrance of clover when the farmer makes hay.

A new born colt struggling to stand on wobbly feet.
Or grandma's fresh baked cookies, oh what a treat.

So whatever pots of gold sit at rainbows end,
I know, that I know, the adventure begins again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.