Thursday, April 8, 2010

ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WERE QUAIL AND HAIL


Once upon a time on a farm nearby Linda and Margaret were sitting on the back steps enjoying a spring day. The sun was shining and the birds were singing. The squirrels were playing tag in the trees and on the ground chattering and scolding. Then there was a change in the atmosphere. A sudden silence with the sun shining. And the heavens broke forth with an amazing hail storm. We ducked inside and watched the storm from the window. For about 10 minutes the hail rained down on the ground with some force. The ground was covered with hail from marble size to half dollar size. It was amazing and the sun shone on. From the brush at the back of the yard a large covey of quail streamed into the yard and stated feasting on worms. I remembered when I was first married we knew a couple who harvested river worms for bait shops. They had a machine called a tamper. When it was turned on, it beat the ground causing vibrations which made the worms to come to the surface. The pickers would then harvest the worms. I realized that God had used the hail storm as His tamper to feed the quail. It reminded me of the Bible teaching. Have no thought for today what you should eat or wear for as He clothes and feeds the fowl of the air, how much more shall your Father feed and clothe you. God had shared a visual of His teaching..... Shared it with Margaret and me once upon a time...... So many of you responded with pleasure and joy on my last Margaret story I thought I would share another.......God Bless, LINDA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.