Monday, April 5, 2010

MARGARET'S MIRACLE MINITURE IRIS'S


I BELIEVE THAT THE SHADOW OF LOVE LINGERS LONG AFTER DEATH! As long as you remember and tell the story several generations will reap from that love sown. Once upon a time I was a home health aid for a wonderful little LADY named Margaret. She had altimezers. She had 6 stories she told every day several times a day. A friend once told me you must have the patients of Job to listen to those same stories day after day for so many years. I laughed and told her, Margaret only has 5 minutes of joy and her stories bring her joy so I listen as if it is the first time and cheer her on. Five minutes later she had forgotten she had told the story and tell it again. We had some great times, we would go to the hairdresser and the grocery store. She was a great actress. She would meet an old friend and visit. The friend would ask her if she remembered so and so and she would say no, what happened the friend would tell the story and they would laugh at the memory. As soon as the friend was gone Margaret would ask who in the world was that? Margaret loved flowers and we would often walk her large yard and enjoy the beauty of God's creation. She had a bed of miniature Iris's. Iris are my favorite flower. I had never seen the miniatures before and she gave me a start of them. She gave many people starts and as far as I know only mine lived. I planted them in the ground but it was frustrating as the spring grass grows for it's first cutting the iris bloom and cannot be seen or the mowers don't realize they are there and mow them off so I put mine in a long old time kitchen sink as a planter on my porch. That year my 36 year old daughter passed of M.S. Margaret had been gone for awhile. When I came home that day there were 7 purple magestic blooms in the iris bed, the exact number of the people in my family, mom, dad, and 5 kids. It was as if Margaret reached down from heaven and gave me a sign that she knew my sorrow and she sent me beauty for ashes just as our Father does. The memory of the shadow of her love came down and made my heart smile in spite of my grief. On one of her lucid days she asked why am I here so long and in this shape depending on others to care for me and I said you are here to teach us how to love my dear and you do it well. Margaret still speaks to me today through those royal purple blooms. This year 7 blooms appeared on Passover Day, God's Holy Day. THE DAY THE DEATH ANGEL PASSED OVER. AGAIN BEAUTY FOR ASHES. Just rambling and remembering the shadow of love, God Bless,LINDA

1 comment:

  1. I love this story about Margaret. I remember her and how special she was. Thanks for sharing. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.