Wednesday, May 26, 2010

THE SPIRIT OF POVERTY

I am 5th generation poverty. I have been trying to weed my garden(my mind) of poverty thoughts for years. I think I have finally got them all and boom one breaks forth. My parents grew up in the depression eating lard and sugar sandwiches. My grandparents who raised their children during this time were horders .When my grandmother passed there were hundreds of egg cartons paper bags string and balls of once used tin foil. Grandparents and parents raised their food and stored it in 1 or 2 freezers and home canned jars always afraid they would run out. If meat was on sale they bought more than enough and put it in the freezer where the following year a good part of it was freezer burned and wasted. Poverty thoughts are taught as we grow and we don't realize how they order our life. I will not pay more than 2.00 for a bag of potatoes now isn't that silly I can pay 5.00 but I won't..... I'll do without first. When I was raising my children and all five were at home my husband had a heart attack and never worked again. I became a coupon addict. At that time they were giving double value. I would get up at 4 am and go buy three Sunday papers and they had a coupon catalogs in them then. I would cut out all the coupons consult three grocery ads for different stores and armed with my list and coupons I would buy 80.00 worth of groceries for under 20.00. My children ate products they had never tasted before and I got many items for free because often the double coupon would be more than the product. I heard a preacher talking about the bondage of the spirit of poverty. He said children are trained in these thoughts. For instance you go to Mac'y Dee's and get the 1.00 menu never the full meal deal and when the kids finally get a big mac they feel almost ashamed as if they did not deserve them. They have been trained to believe they are only worth the dollar menu. What we see on the inside manifests on the outside. When opportunities come by that grown child often lets them pass by because of this poverty spirit which can not see a better life or job or whatever. You have to see it inside before it can manifest outside. A couple of years ago God told me to stop dressing like I WAS POOR. I had good clothes in my closet to wear them. I changed my appearance and started wearing dresses and some jewelry. I got compliments every where I went which made me feel good about myself. I like that feeling it changed something in me. A few months later God told me to quit acting like I was poor.....Jesus was poor that I might be rich....... That is harder for me.... It has been programmed into me, but I am determined to do as He said. One day God told me my harvest was coming in. I replied with relief, oh goody, I'll get my wheel barrow and He said bad thinking..... get a dump truck......wow.....wow.....I only had a vision of wheel barrow harvest and He put a vision of dump truck harvest into my mind my vision changed.... His thoughts are higher than my thoughts........The preacher said when he was young and had no car he had to ride the bus but he trained himself as a child not to let poverty thoughts within his mind. When he rode the bus he said, Jesus was poor that I may be rich. That driver is my chauffer. Isn't that a good thought.....Just rattling...... but I know there are many who war against this spirit and I am here to tell you without a vision the people perish look at yourself the way God does and defeat that spirit....God has plans for you that you may prosper and be in good health even as you soul prospers......there is not one poverty thought in heaven. Our Father doesn't play in that mud puddle and we should not either... God Bless I love you LINDA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.