Saturday, May 22, 2010

MOSES WAS NEVER DESTINED TO ENTER THE PROMISED LAND


I remember reading the story of Moses as a child. I remember how sad I was at the ending. I always like to end my stories with happily ever after. Iremember crying for Moses and thinking it was unfair of God not to forgive him of his sin smiting the rock twice instead of once as God told him to. I understand the rock was representing Christ and that He could only be crucified once. Moses had a rough life. He was 120 when he died. He had spent the last 40 years putting up with whiners and complainers who hated him and cursed his leadership. It did not seem fair that he could see the promise but not enter into that promise. Now I have learned that Moses was never destined to enter the promised land because he was the law giver. The law can lead you to the promise but you can not enter the land of grace through the law. You have to enter by faith the law kills. At Mt. Sinai if an animal or person touched the foot of the mountain they died. The letter of the law killeth. The promised land was a type of Christ, the land of grace. The desire of David's heart was to build a temple for God but God told him no, you are a bloody man of war and you will not build my house your son will. However David was a very rich man from the spoils of war and funded the building of the temple. Without the law there could be no grace, Without sin (breaking the law) (sin is the transgression of the law) there could not be a Savior. We have two mountains in our life. The Christian legalist who say thou shalt not will always go to Mt. Sinai and the other will go to Mt. Calvary were grace will usher in mercy who offers forgiveness which leads to love which leads to the Christ our rest and our hope. Which mountain will you visit my friend? May your days be blessed with grace and life. God Bless I love you, LINDA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.