Thursday, May 6, 2010

THE DEVIL'S TOOLS

It was advertised the devil was going to put his tools up for sale.On the date off the sale, the tools were placed for public inspection. Each tool marked with the sale price.
They were a treacherous lot of implements.... Hatred, envy,jealousy, deceit, lying, pride and so on.
Laid apart from the rest was a harmless looking tool, that appeared to be heavily used. And was priced very high.
What is the name of this tool? Asked one of the purchasers, pointing to it. That is discouragement, replied the devil.
Why have you priced it so high?
Because it is more useful to me than all the others. I can pry open and get inside peoples hearts with that when I can not get near them with my other tools. Once I get inside, I can make them do what I choose. It is badly worn because I use it on almost everyone, since very few people know it belongs to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.