Sunday, October 24, 2010

EXERCISING DOMINION

One of the first commands God gives man in the Bible is to have dominion over the cattle, etc. In the old days cattle was a sign of wealth or money. The size of your herd determined your wealth. Today instead of herds of cattle we have finances. God said take dominion over finances but as usual we have turned it upside down and our finances have dominion over our selves. A famous preacher once said..... we buy things we do not need with money we do not have to impress people we do not like. I remember my mom and dad would save up for special items before they bought them. Today our kids bow to the credit card and have to have what it took their folks 40 years to have. They agree with strangers to pay for the item with interest sometimes mounting to more than the cost of the item. My brother bought a house. 30 year mortgage.......by the time he paid it off with 30 years of his life the bank had took in enough interest to buy 3 houses. Who has dominion here saints of God? I bought an old house in need of repairs with no interest and paid it off in one year. I am still resurrecting the home with frequent repairs but I haven't made any rent or house payments in 15 years. I paid my car off in 3 months. I never make car payments. I save for other necessary expendertures. I am not bragging just giving you an example. Solomon was a wise man and told how to get dominion over finances in Proverbs 6.....my son if you have become security for your neighbor, if you have given your pledge for a stranger or another. You are snared by the words of your lips, you are caught by the speech of your mouth. Do this now and deliver yourself when you have put yourself into the power of your neighbor; go bestir yourself, and beg your neighbor to pay his debt and thereby release you. Give not sleep to your eyes, nor slumber to your eyelids. Deliver yourself as the gazelle from the hand of the hunter. God says debt is a prison you have casually walked into with the words of your mouth. God says don't even sleep but run from debt as a gazelle. The hunter of a gazelle is the cheetah who can run up to 70 miles an hour. When a gazelle scents a cheetah, the hunter, it runs as if it's life depended on it..... for it does. Get dominion over your finances do not let your finances have dominion over you. EXERCISE DOMINION AS A WISE MAN GOD BLESS, LINDA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.