Monday, September 20, 2010

MAY HAVE FOUND A SCRIPTURE ANSWER

A few days ago I asked you Bible scholars out there to help me with a question and got no replies. The question was about the marriage supper of the lamb found in Rev. 19. If the lamb is the bridegroom and the bride is the church who are the guests? I may have found the answer in John 3. Who are the guests invited to the wedding? Friends and family. As the old saying goes you choose your friends but are stuck with your family. John the Baptist is having a conversation with his disciples. They are complaining about Jesus disciples baptizing........John gives them a rather strange answer... He says he that hath the bride is the bridegroom:BUT THE FREIND OF THE BRIDEGROOM,which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegrooms voice: this my joy is therefore is fulfilled. I BELIEVE THIS VERSE GIVES US A CLUE TO THE WEDDING GUESTS. I BELIEVE THEY MUST BE THE FREINDS OF THE BRIDEGROOM...like John the Baptist, Abraham , Issac, Elijah , Moses and David, all those who went before the power of the resurrection brought salvation to the church, the bride. At least I have peace with that answer. God bless, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.