Tuesday, September 14, 2010

GONE FISHING

I was blessed when my brother and sis-in-law stopped by to see me this week. We spent 3 and a half hours praising, praying and sharing Jesus. It was wonderful. They had been on a retreat for the week-end. A time to listen closely to God. My brother related an experience he had when he went fishing at a pond. He said, God is not into catching and releasing. That word touched my spirit. He shared the scripture where the fisherman had fished all night and came home empty. Jesus was waiting on the shore cooking fish for their breakfast. I got to thinking when fishing is your business and you can't even catch your own breakfast it is indeed a sad day. Jesus told them to cast their nets and they were overfilled. They needed help pulling them in so the nets would not break. My brother then said another thing I had not thought about. Not all the fish were good fish. They sorted the bad fish from the good and the bad were not returned to the water. They were thrown on the burn pile. God is not into the catch and release system. So many times church folks get caught up in numbers......church attendance, how many got saved....how many baptized....so that once they are saved and added to the church roll they are not discipled. God is not into the catch and release system and he has taught us to be fishers of men. I'm off......GONE FISHING

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.