Monday, December 20, 2010

PREPARE A MANGER

I received a Christmas card and a magazine from the carasmatic nuns in Texas. One of the nuns had written a poem that touched me and thought I would share it with you.


Prepare a manger in the inn of your heart
Be not ashamed that it is cold and dark
For when I come, darkness takes flight
And I will be the dawn's new light.

For my lowly shepherds may not find welcome
If too lofty is my dwelling place
They are too poor to behold my glory
So I will be hiding in this baby's face.

And palace lights they would detract
From my little star against a sky so black
And I will test the hearts of these magi traveling
Will they pay homage to a baby king?

For when I enter it won't be the same
I'll sit enthroned on the praises of my name
The shepherds, magi's and angels will sing
All giving glory to the newborn king.

I love the first verse read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.