Monday, June 14, 2010

BIRTHDAY REPORT

Sunday June 13th I turned 62 YEAH! Saturday night my grandsons brought me a fresh large mouth bass they had caught what a delight to eat it was. Thank you all for the cards letters and phone call wishing me love and happiness. Sunday I received a call from my mother's sister who started to sing me happy birthday and then she choked up and couldn't finish because that was what my mom always did. Carol sent me a great card that appeared to be a hot air balloon and basket but you pulled on it and it became a 3-d with the balloons shaped like giant butterflies. Nona sent me an awesome electronic card of a blooming yellow iris. YELLOW IS MY FAVORITE COLOR AND IRIS MY FAVORITE FLOWER. Got an early card from my niece and a happy happy. Melissa called and sang happy birthday and brought Brandon in for a quick hug and I love you. They couldn't come to the party because Brendon had a bad night lots of siezure activity. I arrived at the party at Mike's house. Brian surprised me by bringing in all his big dog karioke equipment. While he set up Mike pushed the button on his phone and there was my mother's voice singing happy birthday and saying I love you. HE HAD SAVED THE MESSAGE TO HIS PHONE WHEN SHE CALLED HIM FOR HIS BIRTHDAY AND LEFT A MESSAGE(in Feb. A couple weeks before she passed). What a treat to hear her voice again. Crystal made a lovely dinner and of course she made me my favorite carrot cake and home made ice cream. Brian started the show with a spicy rendition of happy birthday and he sang a song he had written for me that day called brawnswager. It was hilarious. We sang and played piano and guitar for four hours. We sang lots of old songs I had sung to the kids growing up.... A lonely little petunia in an onion patch....A Zulu king......Linda and of course our old stand by golden streets. The little boys made me a hand written card and done a wonderful job. It was the best birthday I have had in years.....now to be featured as a treasured memory. God Bless you all for remembering Love you Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message so I know you've been here.